Sunday, January 14, 2007

Oracle DBA Toolbar

Sorry, do not install the Oracle DBA toolbar!!!
It seems to have problems with the up to date internet explorer!!! (see comments!!!)

A few weeks ago there was a download link on OTN for the
ORACLE DBA toolbar, a little plugin for Microsoft Internet Explorer.

After I got a new maschine I had to search for a while to find it again:
I like this little tool very much. so I got it again.
It is an .exe file you download of 880 k size, which installs th toolbar into the browser.



After the installation you have links in the browser which you can use to access the software downloads from OTN, Metalink, your local SQL*PLUS and a little collection of favorites and other usefull links.

I hope that it will be fixed and available for firefox soon!!!

=;-)

6 Comments:

At Sun Jan 14, 05:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,,

After I Installed DBA Toolbar applications that use java scripts stopped working in my browser. Only solution for me to get them working again was to remove it and install IE 7.0 again.

Unfortunately I have to wait for it to be available for Firefox.

Cheers!

 
At Sun Jan 14, 06:20:00 PM, Blogger lutz_hartmann said...

ooops,
sorry, I was not aware of such an effect!
Thanks for letting me know.
=;-(
Lutz

 
At Sun Jan 14, 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Darek said...

I have the same problem with my IE

 
At Mon Jan 15, 06:51:00 AM, Blogger lutz_hartmann said...

Sorry again for the inconveniences I caused by posting about it not knowing about this bug!!
Shit simply happens! I was just so excited to have ot back again.
=;-(
Lutz

 
At Mon Jan 15, 11:34:00 AM, Blogger APC said...

If you have Firefox you can already get everything the Oracle DBA does for IE. For instance Eddie Awads offers a FireFox extension to monitor Oracle blogs: http://awads.net/wp/2005/11/15/oracle-news-firefox-extension/

Eddie has also written Firefox search engine extensions for oracle forums, blogs, various sites and the oracle online docs: http://awads.net/wp/tag/firefox

Check it out.

Cheers, APC

 
At Mon Jan 15, 06:11:00 PM, Blogger lutz_hartmann said...

Hi APC,
thanks for pointing out Eddy Awads tool!
They are cool.
I was just so disappointed with the DBA toolbar because I hd been using it for quite a while already and in a way.

=;-)
Lutz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home