Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's not easy to become an Oracle Certified Master

Last week I was to take the Oracle 10g OCM exam in Berlin.
It is the second time that I had registered for this challenge this year
and it is the second time that the event was cancelled by
Oracle University Germany.

I had already booked my flight, made reservations for acommodation,
even taken a few days off of work, not to speak about all the prep efforts I had put into it again.

It is a pity that the next possible date is December 1st. in London.
I will be speaking in Parma at the Italian Usergroup Meeting at that time.

I think I will not try it a third time this year.
Hopefully the chances for such an event to actually take place will be better next year.

New special last week was the rental car I had rented at the airport.
It was a nice little Alfa Romeo, only that its software was a little buggy obviousely.
I all of a sudden could not close the windows on teh drivers side any more.
So I had to drive about 100 km across the highway with an open window.

It was not my week obviousely.

5 Comments:

At Thu Nov 30, 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Laurent Schneider said...

this is also due to the fact you are a non-paying candidate (because working for Oracle). As a customer, oracle shall organize the exam even if you are alone.

Good luck to your next session!

 
At Thu Nov 30, 09:53:00 PM, Blogger lutz_hartmann said...

Absolutely!
I think I made the same mistake twice:
I should have regisered as non Oracle customer.
No problem to pay for it, but it is disgusting to prepare for it and then not even have the chance to go for it.
Shit happens!
=;-)
Lutz

 
At Tue Dec 19, 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Marc Musette said...

"...should have regisered as non Oracle customer.
No problem to pay for it..."

Whaouah . I do not agree.

I think the most difficulty to become an Oracle Master is in fact the price : you need to follow two advanced courses at Oracle University (It must be around 6500 €) plus the price to follow he exam and all commodities (fly, hotel ) ...

I am not surpised then that most of the ocm are oracle employees .

oracle certification program is just business for oracle . there is a lot of person who are not ocm even ocp (you need also to follow a course at oracle university) who are much experienced and on top than any ocm .

I am an ocp 9i and 10g and for sure I will not take the master exam.

 
At Fri Apr 20, 09:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are Midnight Commander or rlwrap available in the classroom?

 
At Mon Aug 13, 08:50:00 PM, Blogger Ayisha said...

these are gifts for everyone
Knowledge
Collection of books
Kitaben
Kitab ghar
Books and references
Liberary
booksshelf
Computer Science Reference Books
Rapidshare ebooks
Free collection of ebooks
Free Ebooks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home