Thursday, November 02, 2006

I will present @ Italian Oracle User Group in Parma

On December 1st. I will deliver a presentation of
Oracle's new recommended backup strategy
at the annual meeting of the Italian Oracle User Group in Parma.

I will use two ASM diskgroups,
and migrate a database from file system into the ASM storage using RMAN.

Then I will demonstrate how we can get around a full restore
by switching to an image copy of the database in the
flash recovery area, which I have incrementally updated.

Looking foreward to Parma!

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 09, 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Vidya Balasubramanian said...

Thats great , I will be looking forward to watching your blog for the presentation. On the blog side of things is http://luhartma.blogspot.com/ registered with orablogs.com. It would make it easy for a few bloggers like me who follow your blog posts as and when we can.

 
At Fri Nov 10, 08:06:00 AM, Blogger lutz_hartmann said...

Hi Vidya,
thanks for your intereest in my blog.
It is very likely that it will be moved from the "Oracle employees' blogs" section to the "non employees section" in blogs.oracle.com in January, since I have quit from Oracle effective from end of the year.

But I will keep on blogging!
I already have a few good posts about 11g in the pipe!

=;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home